EuroLeague Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello

+14
Gromova
GoekhanS
galatasaraymp
Fjera
przemoe
rzymi
luisfilipecristovao
Admin
misspeach
JohnyK
zazaza
Rosman
Schuzwang
Paulball Nilsen
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello Empty Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello

Post  Paulball Nilsen Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 am

This was in a separate forum previously so apologies to everyone but I thought a lot of users only read posts and don't feel like they need to contribute.

However here is somewhere they can at least say hi.

I am Paul Nilsen, a real life 'Geordie' from Newcastle upon Tyne in UK. I write for FIBA Europe and a few other places. I am a basketball fanatic. I am a qualified coach and referee and love writing and especially Womens and youth basketball.

I live for it, breathe it and the next best thing to being at a game or writing about ball is discussing it all with you guys.

I set up the forum and hope you will enjoy it! (and there will be no more changes Very Happy )

Cheers
Paul

skype paul-nilsen
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello Empty Re: Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello

Post  Schuzwang Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am

Hello everybody!
I am Pablo from Spain, from Salamanca and, of course, I'm fan of Halcon Avenida.
I have been reading this forum since its creation, and finally I decided to join you.
I will try to contribute to the forum within my means, but my english isn't the best, so, in advance, sorry for my mistakes.

Schuzwang

Back to top Go down

Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello Empty Re: Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello

Post  Paulball Nilsen Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 am

Hola Pablo (Hey my Spanish is getting better) lol!

Great you can write some things for the forum!! Your English looks better than mine cheers

Thank for taking the time to introduce yourself Basketball
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosman Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

I will write more or less the same as Pablo...

First of all: congratulations for this forum!

My name is Rubén, I'm from Valencia and obviously fan of Ros Casares.

I read the topics every day, but I usually don't have too much free time and apart from that my english is not really good, but I think better than general level of spanish people. So, I use this post to apologize for my future mistakes. Wink

I hope we can discuss around women basketball in good harmony. By the moment is perfect!! Keep going!

Big hug for everybody!
Rosman
Rosman

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:24 am

Hi Ruben

A very warm welcome to you cheers

Fantastic to welcome another member from Spain Very Happy

Enjoy the forum and thanks for joining the ELW family here Basketball
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  zazaza Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am

Hi everybody! Wink

My name is Līva. I'm from Latvia, 16 yo. Aaaand the reason I'm here is bc I just love basketball. When I was little I loved it because of the sound of the net - you know, that swoooosh sound when you make a shot. Laughing But now it's just my passion. If practice doesn't happen for whatever reason, I feel like something's missing. Can't live without that swoosh sound. Laughing Human needs water, food and air for surviving. I need the same things plus basketball. Smile

But talking about Euroleague and Eurocup, right now I don't have one team that I root for anymore. Now I try to follow every team that has a Latvian player in it. But I could say that Fenerbahce is in the top of my list. Last year it was Sparta&K. You could try to guess why by looking at my avatar. Cool

I can promise that I will be an active reader of this forum. Can't promise the same about writing... Very Happy Anyways, I'm happy that there's a forum like this. Smile
zazaza
zazaza

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Welcome Liva!!!!!

Great to have you here Very Happy

Even if you just leave emoticons like No or Rolling Eyes when I write stuff, we know you are reading it and if you agree Laughing
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnyK Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 pm

While we're on the subject I have to ask zazaza if other girls who practice in basketball follow the game in pros. Because none of the female basketball players from about my age that I know of, do so, heck, most of them even don't know who plays on our National Team.
JohnyK
JohnyK

Back to top Go down

Post  zazaza Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:00 am

Well, I'm in an interesting situation, bc I don't practice with girls in my age, there just isn't a girls team in my town. So I play in a women team, I'm the only one who's younger than 20. But yeah - they definitely know the national team players. Very Happy some of them even went to some games, when the European championship was held in Latvia. Can't say that they follow the Euroleague or Eurocup, but as long as it's about Latvian national team and TTT Riga, I think they're pretty informed.
zazaza
zazaza

Back to top Go down

Post  misspeach Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 am

Hello everybody!

My name is Shan Jiang. I'm from Tian Jin, PR China. I've been watching women's basketball games for nearly 8 yrs. I watched NCAA college women's basketball and WNBA, and then followed the players overseas. It was Euroleague that made me interested in European women's basketball. I think it quitely different from American and Australian, and of course different from Chinese (Asian) W b-ball. So I began to see Eurobasket championship, and RSL (because most of the players I love go to Russian to play).

I'm Hammonite, so I support Nadezhda Orenburg.
misspeach
misspeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Shan!

Welcome to the forum cheers

Thanks for joining us and it's great to have you here with us Basketball Basketball

Admin
Admin

https://euroleaguewomen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome : The Thread to introduce yourself and say hello Empty Presentation

Post  luisfilipecristovao Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:47 am

Hi,

My name is Luís Filipe Cristóvão and I am from Portugal.

I write about basketball in some portuguese and spanish sites, and I have an english language blog in www.thebasketballboard.blogspot.com

I follow the Portuguese Liga Feminina and also other players in Spain and WNBA (Ticha Penicheiro).

I would like to have more contacts in Women basketball and try to create a net of women basketball writers in Europe, so we can trade more information about the game.

Smile

luisfilipecristovao

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 am

Great to have you on board Luis!

Hope you will visit often and it's fantastic what you are hoping to do with networking amongst those of us interested in the Womens game

Cheers
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  rzymi Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Aloha! Marek from Gdynia says hello Wink Been here for a while but have not said hi until now. Well, better late then never. cat

rzymi

Back to top Go down

Post  przemoe Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 am

Hi all,
Przemek from Gdynia, been around with women's basketball for some 15 years following Lotos and Euroleague mainly, but WNBA also.
Nice to have a board to exchange thoughts with european collegues, Rebkell is fine but for WNBA only Sad
See you on boards Smile
przemoe
przemoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey guys

I was wondering when you would show up Very Happy

Gret to have you on board cheers
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fjera Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Vera, 24, from the Czech republic. I am a big fan of BRNO. I fell in love with this team when I was a kid. Four years ago, I became a media staff member, which means that I write articles for the webpages, make interviews with players and I am some kind of mediator between team and fans Smile But above all I am a big fan and supporter.

I love to travel, learn new languages and meet new people, which is easy when you follow your team on the road cheers

That is about me for now. I look forward to discuss with you, guys Smile
Fjera
Fjera

http://www.bkzabiny.cz

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Vera!

Welcome aboard :-)

It's great to have you here and we loof forward to you joining in with the discussions! cheers
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  galatasaraymp Tue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Hello everybody!
I m Mume from Turkey, from İstanbul and, of course, I'm fan of GALATASARAY MEDİCAL PARK.
galatasaraymp
galatasaraymp

http://twitter.com/mume81

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Wed May 04, 2011 8:33 am

Welcome Mume - nice to have you around, we need some Galatasaray fans as there are lots of Fener fans already here!
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  GoekhanS Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 am

i am not sure if we need the gala fans here.. Haha just joking :p

btw. I think i haven't introduced myself. My name is Gökhan (göki), I am from
vienna, and i watch w bball since 2005. My favoruite team is Fenerbahce, and favourite
players of course Quenn Dee, Penny Taylor, Cappie and Candace Parker.

Since there is no austrian wbball team i wacth some of mkb soprons matches live.. Latest i watched was mkb vs fener of course and mkb vs ummc.. It is not easy as seen on screen, it is really intense.

GoekhanS

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Thu May 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Gokhan!

Welcome to the forum - it's nice to have yet another fan of the Istanbul big two posting here Very Happy
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromova Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 am

Hey, guys
My name is Maria. I'm from Yekaterinburg. I'm Sue's idolartess.

What else.. Have no idea...
Gromova
Gromova

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulball Nilsen Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi Maria

Nice to have you hear .... welcome to the board and sorry for the delay with this...

There is some kind of womens basketball tournament happening right now Very Happy
Paulball Nilsen
Paulball Nilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Basket_MNE Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 am

Hello to all...
My name is Rajjap. (It's written totally different in my laguange but that's the english version I think Very Happy ) I'm from Podgorica (Montenegro). I joined here because of Eurobasket 2011 in Poland. My favorite team is Barcelona (football, basketball, watepolo... Laughing ). Also FK Partizan, FK Buducnost and some others... That's the men's basketball. I don't really watch club women basketball. (honesty is my stronger side Laughing )

That's all for now... Cheers
Basket_MNE
Basket_MNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next